Friday, September 7, 2012

How To Acheive The Rolled Up Pants Look


This is a little trick that I have been doing with my pants to make them wearable in the summer. Yes, I am simply rolling up my pants, but I've perfected away to make them look less like homemade women's capris and more like a fashion statement. I would not recommend trying these with denim, because denim is too thick and doesn't scrunch right at the knee like cotton pants do. If you've been following the blog, this is a perfect thing to do with your bright colored pants.

Now, I'm going to guide you, step by step, on how to achieve the look seen in the picture above:
(after the jump)


Step 1
Step 1: Fold up the bottom of the pants once. Be sure to make your fold thick because you are going to fold it in half eventually.

Step 2
Step 2:  Continue folding up the pants, keeping the same fold thickness. Fold a few times, until the pants get tighter than normal around your legs and the bottom of the pant leg is at the widest part of your calf muscle.
Step 3
Step 3: Fold the thick fold in half. This will help to keep the pant legs tight around your knee joints and prevent them from falling down.

Step 4
Step 4: Slide the fold up to just below your knee. This will give the scrunched up effect.

The only warning I would give is to fully commit to the pants as being shorts when you go out. I say this beacuse two things. First, nothing is worse than trying out something new, getting embarassed, and changing in the middle of a party or night out. Secondly, because of how many times you folded and scrunched the pants, they are going to be very wrinkled when you unfold them. So unless you have a mini iron or steamer that you carry around in your back pocket, I wouldn't unfold them.


Well now that you know how easy it is to mimic the look you've been seeing in the magazines, go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Well done dude. You are the first person I have seen online, brave enough to go all the way to below your knees, and it looks great! I did this with some white Chinos I have. It's cool, and awesome with and shoes or slops.

    ReplyDelete